About the Coach
Coach David Knox has served as EA’s varsity boys soccer head coach since 2009. He led the team to a 2nd place finish in the competitive Inter-Ac league in 2015 and 2016. In addition, Coach Knox has been the director of coaching for Main Line Soccer since 2011. Previously, he coached at the Charlotte Country Day School (2002-2009), served as head coach and athletic director at the Bavarian International in Munich, Germany from 1995-2000, and served as head coach for the Croxteth Community Comprehensive School in Liverpool, England.
Join EA Varsity Soccer Coach David Knox and his team at Boys Soccer Camp this summer!
Skills You'll Learn
- Technical: Passing, receiving, dribbling, striking & finishing
- Tactical: Dynamics of play, attacking, defending, ball movement and possession
- Competition: Speed & direction, build-ups, team shape & defending
- Position Specific: Making runs, creating space, connecting with passes & shutting down an opponent
- 9 a.m. Dynamic warm-up
- 9:30 a.m. Individual skills
- 10 a.m. Striking and finishing
- 10:30 a.m. Possession with a purpose in equal/overload scenarios
- 11 a.m. Tactical training in small-sided games
- 12 p.m. Lunch and hydration
- 1:30 p.m. Dynamic warm up
- 2 p.m. Scrimmages